Monday, October 3, 2011

Toilet Roll Core Trash Can


Ever since I was a kid, I had this knack for collecting toilet roll cores, thinking that I might use it for a project later on. I know, I know, ever since I was a kid, I've been a clutter bug already. Though I just throw to cores away after some time, cause I can't think of anything to make with them.


Trash can Project


Anyhoo, I saw this project about making a trashcan out of recycled magazines from crafster.org. It's lovely and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Toilet Paper Cores


Too bad for me though, I'm not subscribed to any magazine, and I think my stack of recycled paper won't look as wonderful as the magazines. Then I thought, "Hey! what about toilet paper cores?". For sure it would look different, but it's worth a shot right?

So I started collecting the toilet paper cores from the tissue rolls that I use in the office. My office seat mate and I share a roll, on average, we use 2 rolls a week. I also talked to the other girls in the office so that they'll give me their tissue cores. I asked the 2 office janitors who refill the tissue in the manager's CR to give me the cores.



Doing the Math


All in all after 2 weeks I have 12 tissue cores. I can make 8-9 rings per core, I'm thinking I'll need about 500 rings, so if I'll divide 500 by 8, then I'll need 62.5 cores. I know have 12, which leaves me 50.5 cores. If I follow the pattern of 12 tissue cores in 2 weeks, I can complete the number of cores in 25 weeks.

That's really too long for me, so I'll probably enlist the help of more friends, and also start collecting the tissue rolls at home.


I'll post photos and instructions once I finish making it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment