Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Remedies for Migraine

When I woke up with a headache today and I told myself  "I hope this doesn't turn into a migraine". I wasn't in any mood to eat but I forced myself to eat 3 tablespoons of rolled oat(meal) and 2 slices of peaches. By 9am was really hungry and my headache was slowly turning into a migraine. By lunch time, I'm nauseous and very irritable. I was this -> | | close to thrashing my office laptop because it was freezing at erratic periods.

Anyway after the afternoon break, (4:30 PM) my head ache was already unbearable. Seems it turned into a mild migraine, but it darn hurts bad and I can't keep my eyes open. So now, enduring the pain of my migraine (real effort in making this post), I'm looking for natural ways, or home remedies, to relieve me of this cursed state (overly dramatic eh? pardon me, it's the migraine talking).


So while trying my best to read what's on the net, I've compiled here stuff (that I can do) that I've read from all over.

  1. Stick a towel in the freezer for 5-7 minutes and put the towel over the area where it's pounding
  2. Have your head massaged (Can't wait to see my boyfriend and ask for a massage while on the way home)
  3. Walk or run (but I'll probably just jump around the house and climb the stairs back and forth. The gist is that you have to get your blood pumping)
  4. Try to redirect your blood (or your body heat) from your head to your hand. Place a thermometer in your clenched fist and concentrate on moving the blood there. Sounds interesting ;)
  5. Drink lots of water (So far I've downed 2 liters and it's not yet working, or maybe it is, cause the migraine isn't that bad. Well it's a really really terrible headache, but a mild migraine. Makes sense right?)
  6. Eat garlic (raw or cooked)
  7. Drink fresh grape juice. It's too expensive to juice, so I'll just eat it.
  8. Stay in the dark

I'll try do the list and find out which cures my migraine. Will update as soon as my migraine subsides. If you have tips, do tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment