Friday, August 12, 2011

Will try to go 'No Poo' this weekend

It's not what you think. I will of course make my bowels moves over the weekend. No Poo means not using the regular, store-bought-chemically-induced shampoos available in the market today. No Poo means not using shampoos and use another more environment-friendly (and possibly more healthful) alternative for cleaning your hair.



I ran into this article in the web about No Poo. It's an interesting read and I really do want to try it. I'll try the recipes on that site for my hair.



Hair conscious

I've been hair conscious for the past months. I've paid a lot of attention to my appearance lately (because I want to look beautiful for my ever-dashing bf *wink*), especially my hair. I love getting my head massaged by my boyfriend that I became so conscious about the luster, the smell and the softness of my hair. I used to just shampoo my hair everyday not minding about conditioners (since the shampoo has conditioner in it already). I just dab some shampoo on my hair, massage my scalp until it's all bubbly let it sit for a while and then rinse it off. Now I use shampoo with conditioner and a separate conditioner to boot.



Now when I shampoo I make it a point to scrub every part of my scalp. Make sure every millimeter of my hair has shampoo. After shampooing, If I'm in the mood, (usually everyother day or during weekends) I condition my hair as well. Making sure that there's conditioner from the roots to the tips of my hair. I'm glad to say that my hair is considerably softer now.



Change in perspective

Since I always want to reduce my carbon footprint, when I learned about this alternative, I wanted to give it a try. Since I have thick hair, and we are more than 10 people living in one house, we use a lot of shampoo. Imagine all the tossed out shampoo bottles? We do try to limit out carbon footprint by buying a large bottle and just buying shampoo refills when available or when our bottle looks gross already. But If I could lessen our carbon footprint more, then why not? I'll try the no-poo method over the weekend and see how it goes.



A little scared

I'm a little scared to try this since I'm so afraid that my hair gets uglier than it is. The worst thing I had done to my hair is to color it. I haven't had my hair rebonded or relaxed. The only treatment I had for it is hot-oil. I was a little reluctant to even think of trying it, but reading a few articles made me think "what the heck! if it is for the environment then why not give it a shot?"



I'll post about my No-Poo weekend and tell you how it went. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment