Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How To: Homemade Pore Strip


So I've finally done it! I've done my own homemade pore strip (from Petite Elefant) I must say, it did leave my face feeling oh so smooth! SDEHBF (Super Duper Extra Hot BF) wanted to try it out as well (I was trying to convince him to put some on even before I actually whipped up the concoction and he wouldn't budge!), he didn't though. He was about to have dinner and was worrying about not being able to eat...

Anyway, I got good results. It didn't completely remove my whiteheads. Might have removed some of my blackheads. Not really as effective as I thought it would be. Pore strips aren't that effective anyway. I think the reason why it didn't remove as much as I expected is because I slathered it too thinly. I was afraid it would take a long time to set, like my last attempt (using agar agar or gulaman, failed attempt). This attempt, however, set properly and I was really happy with the results!

Tools

  • Small Glass Bowl
  • 1 Tablespoon Measuring Spoon



Ingredients
  • Knox Unflavored Gelatine
  • Milk Magic Full Cream Milk



Steps


1. Measure out 1 1/2 Tbsp of milk. 

I heated mine in the microwave to put it to room temp. I don't know of temperature is a factor. My milk came from the ref.

Note: You may need lesser, like just a teaspoon if you won't put it on your whole face, or someone (like 5 people) to share it with
  • 1 1/2 T Milk
  • Put to Room Temp



2. Measure 1 Tbsp of  of Gelatin. 

The one I used - Knox, is in pouches. 1Tbsp = 1 Pouch

 Note: You may need lesser, like just a teaspoon if you won't put it on your whole face, or someone (like 5 people) to share it with

  • 1 Pouch Knox Gelatine



3. Mix the ingredients together

It becomes thick and sticky in an instant so mix well!

  • Thick Gelatin and Milk Mixture




4. Pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds or less.

Maybe around 5 seconds if you're using just a teaspoon. The goal is to warm it up and make it spreadable.

  • Microwave for 20 seconds



5. Cool down the mixture

Maybe 20 seconds was too long, I dunno. All I know is after popping it in the microwave, it's too hot for my skin, so I cooled it down for a few minutes.

To test if the mixture is tolerable, dab a small amount on your wirst or the back of your hand (which are heat sensitive parts). If it's too hot, then it's definitely not ready for your face. Take note that your face is more sensitive
  • Runny because of heating
  • Cool down quickly




6. Apply on your face.

Don't apply too thickly (takes a long time to set), nor thinly (doesn't get much gunk out of your face). Make sure problem areas are covered.



7. Wait for it to set.

I applied mine too thinly so it took just 5 minutes to set.  It should be around 10-15 minutes (could be longer  if applied thickly)



8. Peel

CAUTION: It will hurt



9. Feel your newly peeled, soft skin!





No comments:

Post a Comment