Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Earth Hour 2012


We're just a few weeks away from Earth Hour 2012. Are you ready?

March 31, 2012 20:30 marks the 4th year that Philippines have joined in the world-wide campaign to protect the Earth. The Philippines have been ranked #1 in terms of cities and municipalities that have joined Earth Hour. I hope beat our rank this year and aim get more people to join.

This year, Earth Hour dares everyone to do more than just turning off their lights for an hour. It's time that we do more. In fact, Earth Hour greatly tapped into social media to promote Earth Hour. It launched "I will if you will" campaign (IWIYW) which dares everyone to do something, even if it's just a small change, and commit to doing it, in order to save the planet.
 
Here is the official video for this year. My hairs were standing on end and my spine was shivering while watching this. This video have overwhelmed me, to the point that I wanted to cry. I was touched that much! I hope that we do better this year, and that we do MORE than just switching off lights.







For more information on Earth Hour
Visit:
WWF Philippines http://www.wwf.org.ph/earthhour/
Earth Hour http://www.earthhour.org

I will. I definitely will. Now, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment