Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HGTV Carter Can Eco-Friendly Home Improvements

Carter Can is a show from HGTV which aims to help people in renovating their homes. Whenever people think that it's impossible to renovate an area in the house due to budget and/or design constraints, Carter Comes in and saves the day. What's even greater is that Carter uses Eco-Friendly materials for the renovation.

I'm not a fan of watching T.V. but a few months ago, I chanced upon this T.V. show when my sister fell asleep while watching it. I thought, "Hey it's another home renovation show, I love these shows". I wasn't disappointed for watching it since I found out that Carter uses green materials for renovations. There's at least one piece of furniture that is eco-friendly! I love it! At the end of the show, they gave a URL to check out for more renovation and green ideas. It's http://hgtv.com/carter.


I browsed the website found some of the Eco-Friendly furniture and materials that Carter uses in the show. You may want to see the items. Check it out for Eco-Friendly materials for your next home improvement. (http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/going-green-eco-friendly-home-improvement-and-building-products/pictures/index.html).

Here are some of the materials and how they were used that I really loved:


Photo Used as Material
Paper Countertop Tree Pulp
Bamboo Plywood as Cabinet Doors, Drawers, and Sink Bamboo laminated together with low-VOC adhesive
Rubber Mulch Recycled Tires
Recycled Plastic Carpet PET plastic turned into yarn
Cork Flooring Cork Oak Bark
Bamboo Buthcer Block Formaldehyde-free Bamboo
Biodegradable Hemp and Wool Carpet Hemp and Wool Fibers
All these materials and how they are beneficial for use and for the environment can be found on HGTV. (http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/going-green-eco-friendly-home-improvement-and-building-products/pictures/index.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment