Sunday, April 1, 2012

What did you do during the Earth Hour?

So, what did you do? Some people (like me for instance), don't go out to earth-hour celebrations. I just stay at home and try to do something productive under the moon- and candle-lit night.

This Earth Hour, I decided that I wanted to have a candle-lit dinner date. Haven't experienced it at all, and I thought it would be fun. So, as soon as SDEHBF (super duper extra hot bf) arrived at my place (around 1830), I asked him to help me out with preparing our date food. We didn't want to go for rice since we were trying to trim down our waistlines. Turned out, rice might have been a more low-calorie choice! Haha!

Our menu last night:
Deviled Eggs
Herbed Tomato Gratin
Garlic Bread
Banana-Mango Dessert-y (No idea what to call it)
Grape-Lemonade + Soda + Gin Punch

  • Candle-lit Dinner




We had so much fun making the food before earth hour. It was all spur of the moment, and what was tough was we didn't have the same taste in food (well, the ones we were preparing anyway). I wanted the deviled eggs spicy and tangy. He didn't want it to be spicy. I want the tomatoes to be infused with a strong herb flavor. He didn't want a strong herb flavor. Everything turned out great afterwards anyway. Yummy! We made too much food it was good for 4, but we ate most of it! So much for our waistlines!

Deviled Eggs:


  • Spices
  • Best Foods Mayonnaise
  • Spiced Mayo
  • Halving Eggs
  • Removing Eggshells
  • De-yolking
  • Deviled Egg Whip
  • Egg Whites
  • Filling the Eggs



Herbed Tomato Gratin:

  • Herbs
  • Cheese
  • Grated Cheese
  • Cheese Base
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Tomato + Base
  • Tomato + Base
  • Tomato + Base
  • Tomato + Herbs
  • Tomato + Cheese
  • Tomato Gratin
  • Toasted Tomato Gratin


Garlic Bread

  • Softened Butter
  • SDEHBF
  • Chopping Garlic
  • Garlic Butter
  • Mix Garlic Butter
  • Garlic Bread

Banana-Mango Dessert-y (No idea what to call it)

  • Mangoes and Bananas
  • Condensed Milk + Chocolate
  • Plating Fruits
  • Fruit Arrangement
  • He's so artistic
  • Drizzle Milk
  • Grate Chocolate
  • Lacks Color
  • Add Choco Syrup
  • Dessert should come first!

Grape-Lemonade + Soda + Gin Punch

  • Left over Gin + Sprite
  • Grape Lemonade

So this was how I spent my Earth Hour. How did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment